We are always looking for people to help us work at our stand during events at Gillette Stadium, including Patriots and Revolution games, concerts, and more!
Every student who is in our program benefits from the volunteer hours worked at Gillette Stadium. With an annual budget of approx. $100,000 across all of our programs, Gillette is THE SINGLE BIGGEST fundraiser available to our families and students.
Did you know…?
- Every Gillette volunteer earns nearly $200 per shift for the Dartmouth music programs
- Gillette earns our students $35,000 annually on average, over 1/3 of our $100,000 fundraising budget
- Each volunteer earns $25 off their student’s trip assessment, and every fifth shift you work you earn $50
- Gillette funds pay for our trucks that move equipment to every show, our props, music performance rights, and the stipends for much of our drill/music staff
- A fully staffed booth (12 volunteers) earns our students extra money in the form of bonuses from Gillette
- This fundraiser helps prevent families from having to pay monthly dues or four-figure participation fees, as some other programs the size of ours require
This is a great way to earn some of your assessment money for the fall and indoor seasons. You can invite other family members and friends to volunteer as well – the more volunteers you bring, the more you earn towards your assessment.
Make a fun day of it while earning money for your students and for the Dartmouth music program. Our kids put in countless hours practicing and learning their performances, and volunteering a few shifts every year is the least we can do to help support them.
What does the DSMA do at Gillette Stadium?
The DSMA schedule usually consists of 22 events each year, where we send volunteers to Gillette Stadium to help staff a Stadium Pizza stand. Events include Patriots and New England Revolution games, concerts, NCAA lacrosse and football games, and other special events like monster truck rallies. The schedule is released in the spring time, and popular events will quickly fill up as parents, family members, and friends sign up for concerts and games.
We need to send at least 12 volunteers per shift to consider the stand fully staffed, however we can often send up to 15-16 volunteers. The more people that offer to help work a shift, the more money we earn for our kids and the Dartmouth music programs!
A typical day starts with everyone leaving Dartmouth for Foxboro around 1 – 1.5 hours before our report time, which is usually 3 hours prior to the event start time (for example, for an event that starts at 8pm, our report time will most often be some time around 5pm). Volunteers will often check our Rosters page to see who else has volunteered for that event so they can arrange carpooling to and from the stadium. All of the cars driving to Gillette are provided with special parking passes for volunteer lots; Gillette supplies shuttle busses to drop everyone off right at the entrance to the stadium.
After checking in at the gate (and be sure anything you bring with you meets NFL/Gillette Stadium guidelines please!), you’ll head to our pizza stand where you’ll find the uniforms provided for all of our volunteers. Gillette provides shirts, visors, and aprons. Volunteers need to wear khaki/tan pants or shorts and comfortable footwear. If you have a Patriots hat, you can opt to wear that instead of the provided visors at many events!
As soon as DSMA volunteers begin arriving at the stand, it’s time to do inventory just to make sure everything in stock matches the Gillette paperwork. Everyone helps out, and the inventory is usually done quickly. Our assigned Gillette stand manager will let everyone know how much food is expected to be sold during our shift; our stand sells pizza, hot dogs, fried dough, nachos, popcorn, candy, and beverages including beer. Volunteers are usually assigned a role based on their experience in the stand, and first-time volunteers are given plenty of help and instructions on what needs to be done. Usually volunteers have one of three roles – cook, cashier, or runner (usually reserved for band students who have volunteered to help raise money). Experienced volunteers are given manager roles, such as kitchen manager and money manager to help keep everything running smoothly.
The shifts can be long, but the time passes very quickly once the gates open! As soon as the shutters go up on our stand, we’re selling all that food to hungry patrons for the next few hours. Our stand can be very busy, between event attendees looking for food, Gillette staff coming in and out to change inventory or collect money from the registers, and our assigned manager checking in.
As the event wraps up and the patrons leave, it’s time to close up, clean the stand, and take our closing inventory. Once our assigned Gillette manager confirms our closing cash and inventory count, it’s time to head to the shuttle busses to begin the ride home, knowing that we just helped raise almost $1500 for our music program in that one shift.
To sign up for an event:
1. Check the roster of events below.
2. Please click here to fill out the online volunteer form to sign up for an event (the link will take you to a Google Form). You can use this form (or the Gillette Rosters page) to view all of our events and choose which ones to sign up for.
3. If you cannot attend an event you have signed up for, you must find a replacement.
4. We will contact you one week in advance of the event to remind you, and to notify you of the final details of the event.
5. We will leave Dartmouth 1 to 1.5 hours before check-in to get there on time.
6. Contact Sue Benoit 508.558.0051 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Please click here to view all current rosters for 2020/2021 Gillette events. This will let you see who is already volunteered so you can arrange carpool and travel arrangements!
2020-2021 Gillette events (all times listed are event start time, report time is usually 3 hours before event start):
Saturday April 18 4:30pm Supercross
Revs Game TBD
Saturday May 23 7:30pm Revs vs. Toronto
Wednesday June 17 Revs Game TBD
Saturday June 20 7:30pm Revs vs. Orlando City SC
Revs Game TBD
Friday July 31 7pm Taylor Swift Concert
Saturday August 1 7pm Taylor Swift Concert
Friday August 28 5pm Kenny Chesney Concert
International Soccer Game 2 TBD
Special Event A TBD
ALL PATRIOTS HOME GAMES TBD
Contact Sue Benoit 508.558.0051 or email@example.com